ROOM‘s Marketing Creative Services is looking for an experienced Social Media content creator and motion designer to create and develop industry-leading digital content for our social and community channels. Whether you are creating static images, video, or interactive content, our ideal candidate must understand the visual vocabulary of different social channels and best practices for different platforms.
A versatile technical skillset and a creative mind are a must. Additionally, the right candidate will have an awareness of social media trends and a basic understanding of creative performance KPIs. Strong communication skills are needed for presentations.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Create digital media content for social media and other digital channels
- Create video, static, and interactive assets.
- Maintain knowledge of digital media requirements for social platforms.
- Choose effective social media marketing components and devise effective visual strategies to promote ROOM marketing campaigns. Collaborate with partners in Creative Services, as well as the brand teams and development teams to launch and support new features.
- Provide key assets to regional teams
- Understand the goals of a given project – knowing the right questions to ask and knowing how to track down answers, taking feedback, and following through as needed to complete a project. Manipulate image composition and perform basic paint overs when necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of digital technology and social media trends, media requirements, and best practices.
- Understand the goals of a given project – knowing the right questions to ask and knowing how to track down answers, taking feedback, and following through as needed to complete a project.
- Capture and manipulate 3d footage from early builds.
- 3+ years professional experience creating multimedia digital content
- Understanding of the art styles of ROOM.
- High levels of creativity, and demonstrated ability to generate innovative concepts, designs, and ideas. Strong conceptual skills and the ability to execute creative effectively and iterate.
- Comprehensive understanding of design principles and typography. Exceptional eye for composition, contrast, and color.
- Expert-level knowledge of Adobe Master Suite apps.
- Experience with motion design and video editing suites (After Effects, Premiere, etc. or equivalent suite)
- Knowledge of image manipulation with Adobe Photoshop
- Understanding of web technology trends
- Experience creating content for multiple social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, Reddit, and emerging channels
- General understanding of best practices, technical requirements, and specs for developing content for social media channels. Knowledge of image formats and video codecs
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with frequent priority shifts.
- Able to work well in a collaborative team environment, and within an iterative design process.
- A passion for digital communication, metaverse, VR & new tech and other elements of pop culture.
- Knowledge of HTML 5 and CSS animation
- Knowledge of Maya, 3Dmax, zBrush, or other 3D animation/modeling software
- Experience in the SAAS industry
- Active usage and awareness of current Web 2.0 trends
- Experience with digital photography, and/or machinima
- Basic familiarity with 3D engines and how to repurpose 3d assets for marketing design
Required Application Material
- Cover Letter should include your career goals and why you want to work at ROOM
- Portfolio of creative work